Thursday, June 09, 2005

Lessons In Life. And More.

Now that I've more or less officially ended my secondary level education with the completion of my final A-Levels' paper and have virtually FOREVER before pursuing my next course of education, here are a couple of things I've come to realise over the past year and a half in no particular order:

1. My exams are screwed.

2. My exams are so screwed that I've begun to question the meaning of life itself and my very existence.

3. Not.

4. They're just plain screwed.

5. I'm smarter than I look.

6. I'm actually quite smart.

7. When I do my homework.

8. If I do my homework.

9. Certain people among Taylor's College's staff can be pretty unreasonable.

10. Certain people among Taylor's College's staff can be pretty.

11. Being Christian is cool.

12. Being Catholic is cool.

13. I can't sing well.

14. I can't sing.

15. I try to sing.

16. Baby girls can be absolutely annoying one minute, and absolutely adorable the next.

17. Form 4 girls aren't what they used to seem to be.

18. College girls aren't what they're all made out to be. (well, most aren't, anyway...)

19. Working ladies don't necessarily wear black short skirts.

20. People who listen aren't usually listened to.

21. Making a list like this can be actually quite fun, even with the knowledge that no one might bother to read it at all.

22. Trying to kick the habit of spending long periods of time in the toilet/bathroom isn't easy - relative to trying to quit smoking.

23. Traditional and customary Chinese wedding ceremonies can be long-drawn and tediously complicated.

24. No one lives forever. Making the best of whatever time I have with loved ones is what I strive to do each day.

25. Saying sorry is an extremely arduous task, especially for one who has an ego the size of a hot-air balloon. But the peace gained after doing so is immense.

26. God is merciful and kind.

27. I love Jesus.

28. I love Him a lot.

29. He loves me a lot too.

Update:
30. And He loves the whole world a lot too. And that's the kind of news the whole world should really be grateful about.

**No. 30 copie-...I mean, taken from life+God=true bliss**

9 comments:

germae said...

Hey Aaron, thanks for the message on friendster.I seriously felt much better after reading it.
I'm almost feeling myself again now, thanks for being, er, concerned.. Moving on..

In relation to sentence no.21, I'm proving it wrong for the 2nd half of it by leaving a comment. hah!
This post is quite interesting....let's see what I shall do about it...hmmm...
Say, what's with No.17? So how DO they seem to be then?
Thought I'd ask.

chowkueyteow said...

Hi Germae! I see that you've "done something about it" indeed. Thanks for the tribute! heh.

Hmmm, regarding your question, my experience was from being in the same form as them, and to put it simply, I wasn't exactly a ladies' man then, and thus never got round to mixing with them. Much. Now, however...

You might want to consider buying the monthly Word Among Us magazine, or at least get the free daily Bible meditations from their site. Seriously, the meditations and readings almost ALWAYS seemed to coincide with whatever afflictions I was facing. Seemed to coincide? Probably not.

Thanks for dropping by!

Irene Sim said...

you smoke one ah???hehheehehehe :P
what you do in the bathroom for so long???

chowkueyteow said...

Yes Messrs, I must confess that I've hidden all traces of cigarettes/cigars whenever I'm around in cell group, concealed any smell of smoke for the times you've been in the car, dusted off the slightest speck of ash from my clothes before you see me, stifled all my coughs when you're around, and kept my eyes as white as snow.

Yes, alas, I smoke.

As to what I do in the bathroom, I make myself beautiful-er; as the world knows, those who are beautiful have to regularly upkeep the face with moisturiser and hair with tenderiser. Sigh, the price of beauty.

Anonymous said...

Hi,Aaron..read ur profile n found out u hv a blog so i came 2 visit u..germae is here 2 comment 2 =)well,i'm not suprise..u n her..muahahaha..dun KILL me..

Da part where u answer Ger question(related 2 no.17),it sound funny especially da 2nd paragraph-last sentence..
[Much.Now,however..]tat sentence means a lot of meaning 2 me-da wrong meaning..

chowkueyteow said...

Hi Adeline! Well, I guess it all comes down to our personal interpretation(s) of that sentence =) Just to clarify, my "mixing" is confined to cell group meetings, social gatherings and transportation purposes only. Nothing further, if you get what I mean... *wink*

I must admit, however; all ladies think I'm beautiful...

Thanks for dropping by!

Anonymous said...

A-A-R-O-N!!4 how many times i told u tat u r not BEAUTIFUL!!!!uugh..u must learn 2 b like GerMae...not Prassanted at all..well,SOMETIMES she's perasan lah..so ur Prassanted-ness should b ONLY SOMETIMES!!!b like GerMAe lah..u noe wat i meant..*wink* =)...

Anonymous said...

Hi Aaron! Wow, you seem to be updating your blog quite regularly i see. That's good. Dont be like me, a lazy bumb actually...hehe esp since I've started my break.

Good posts, btw. Read them already since your last one. I see you've grown a lot spiritually (as you post) and the person that you are. You seemed more open and starting to show the true 'joker' in you. Hehe :P That's good and I'm really proud and happy for you! God is truly working in your life and that's just wonderful!
I've posted something in my blog, though. Finally, after nearly 2 months of not posting anything, haha.

I pray that you'll continue to grow spiritually in and with the Lord and may you continue to plant His Word in your life as where it takes you.

Take care and God bless :)

chowkueyteow said...

Well, Adeline, my perasan-ness (or Prassanted-ness as you put it), like my blogging, sort of depends on my form and mood...when I'm in top form, I'm the king of the world, but when I'm not...you'll find me pretty speechless most of the time =) Sure.

Thanks for commenting yet again!

*************

Hi Janice! Good to see you back in the blogosphere after what, 2 months? I haven't been too regular myself, judging from the fact that I'm totally free from studies at the moment...

Yes, I have indeed grown spiritually and I still am growing...I'm becoming more and more open to sharing what God is doing in my life. Only thing is that activities (even church and Lifeline ones) during the hols have sort of drawn me away from my personal walk with God, and it's something I'm struggling to uphold. I've felt a little empty for the past week, after not having spent much time in Scripture reading and prayer.

God hasn't just been working in my life alone, but also in my family's. I've been very pleased by certain events that have been happening, especially that of my mum joining RCIA after about what, 30 years? =) Am still praying for her finally to be baptised.

Thanks for the prayer and for dropping by!